Saturday, December 15, 2007

Gingerbread Trailer Park













First of all, we know this isn't stamping related, but it is too good not to share.

We thought that we'd do something a little different this year and pick a theme for our gingerbread houses. At first we were thinking about doing castles and castles are a good idea, but then we came up with the idea of a gingerbread trailer park. A lot less architecture goes into building a gingerbread trailer than goes into building a gingerbread castle. Having lived in a trailer park a time or two, Carol and I feel qualified to both make gingerbread trailer houses and to poke a little fun at life at the trailer park. I, my husband and Carol each made a trailer. Carol's husband didn't decorate a gingerbread house of his own, but being a builder, he had lots of suggestions for what we could incorporate. I know that it isn't much of a trailer park with only three trailers. We're thinking that next year we could have a gingerbread trailer decorating party and invite people to bring their own trailers and decorate them. Anyway, here are some pictures of our creations.

The first picture is a picture of the fronts of our trailers situated all in a row like they would be at a trailer park. The trailer on the left is mine, the trailer in the center is Carol's, and the trailer on the right is my husband's. Carol and I decided that my husband's trailer would be the scary, rundown trailer at the back of the trailer park that children are afraid to walk by.

The next picture is an aerial view of the right side yards of the houses. Notice the incredible bay window that Carol created on her trailer. She had to use some of my daughter's Legos to support it long enough for the frosting to set. She also did an excellent job creating a satellite dish (made of gingerbread cooked on top of a ladle!). Satellite dishes are a must in trailer parks.
The third picture is an aerial view of the left side of the yards. I had to add the star, along with the swamp cooler, to my trailer at the last minute and I'm glad that I did. Carol was starting to tease me that my trailer was too neat and that the person who lived at my trailer was like the person who lived in our trailer park when we were kids whose lawn was immaculate. Not only was this person's lawn immaculate, when he took his poodle for a walk, he would let it go to the bathroom in all the yards but his own. This was before the days of the pooper scooper . . . not a nice thing to do.
The final picture is a picture of the our trailers' derrieres. Who doesn't want to look at pictures of a good backside?

Tomorrow I'll be back to the cardmaking talk. In an ideal world, I would spend tomorrow making cards and doing laundry (not that I love doing laundry, we just need some clean clothes). We'll see if that actually happens.


1 comment:

karen said...

we're talking about gingerbread trailer parks on another site...googled it and it brought me to your creations! good stuff!