Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Barry Blonds



Ironically, since Carol and I decided to start this little stamp company, I've had much less time to actually do any stamping projects than I used to have. I only made 9 Christmas cards this year! That was last week and I made them because I was supposed to do a card making class. Luckily, I was in a Christmas card making frenzy at this time last year and I've still got plenty left over.
Well, I've finally found time to sit down and play some more with some of our stamps. I've been incredibly excited about stamping Barry ever since we decided that it would be an eccentric idea to make a stamp of a fly wearing a toupee. Well, here he is. My husband says that this card is "almost masculine." He says that it would definitely be a masculine card if I had used blue as the background instead of the Lovely Lilac Stampin' Up card stock that I used. I figured that the sanded background stamp, the eyelets and the white cord would cancel out the lilac paper, but I guess that I was delusional about that. I just hate to make a black and blue card though . . . it makes me think about bruises. Carol made a great point today that this stamp and sentiment could be used to make a "housewarming" card for someone. She's definitely right about that.
This the only card that I'm uploading to the Eccentric Imaginatrix but you can see my other recent creations in my SCS Gallery. I got one of the new clearly swanky sets from The Cat's Pajamas and it was fun to work with.

No comments: