Saturday, January 5, 2008

Made Time to Stamp Yesterday . . .

and I'm pretty pleased with the results, especially the card with Brutus. (Once again, my coloring on Beatrice isn't that great, but I like the layout and color scheme on that card.) The DP on Brutus' card is by K&Company. I don't know when that particular paper was released or even if it is still available. I am one of those people who buys DP when it goes on clearance and then lets it sit around for months on end before I figure out what to do with it. All of the rest of my paper supplies are from Stampin' Up. When I first started stamping, I told myself that I would only buy stamps from Stampin' Up and that I would get all of my papers and accessories from the big craft giant or from an LSS . . . cheaper that way. It didn't take me long to realize that you just can't beat the SU quality of card stock and have the benefit of it having color coordinated inks . . . not that it isn't possible to find good quality card stock, etc., but it is inconvenient to have to drive from store to store trying to find an ink that closely matches.
I've been meaning to share another bit of information for a few weeks now (since Christmas, actually). Just about every year my MIL picks out a book for me for Christmas. She usually tries to find something by a North Carolina writer since that is where she is from. Now, I don't know if this writer is from North Carolina, but MIL managed to find a "card-making mystery" for me to read. The title of the book is Murder and Salutations by Elizabeth Bright. I checked on Amazon and there are two other books that start off the series, Invitation to Murder and Deadly Greetings. I haven't yet begun reading Murder and Salutations so I cannot give you any kind of book review at this time. I'm just wondering, what kind of cards is the main character of the book making that they bring about murder and intrigue? Are the victims in the stories card makers themselves? Is there death at a shoebox swap? Murder on a Stampin' Up cruise? Design team decapitation?
Now the gears of my imagination are starting to turn . . . there are all sorts of tools at my stamping table that could be turned into a weapon. I'm constantly telling my daughters to stay away from the CutterBee scissors because they are so pointy and dangerous. Ribbons and hemp twine could be used to strangle someone in fit of card envy. Then there's that paper piercer! It already looks like a weapon. What SU set would someone kill for? Snow Globe? Cowboy Christmas? Wild Wild West? Currently, on eBay the bidding on a Wild Wild West set is up to $95.40. Isn't being willing to bid hundreds dollars for a set of six stamps only a hop, skip, and a jump away from being willing to kill for them? I have to finish this post by saying, watch your back. You never know when some sick serial stamp killer will lace your DP with deadly poison so that when you get a paper cut, it will be your last.

No comments: